In our 5th recipe video, Taisiya shows you how to make a delicious bean and herb salad using 3 freshly harvested herbs from our container farms.
Here’s what you’ll need to follow along at home:
- 3 cups drained cooked white beans, such as cannellini, navy, baby white limas, or flageolets; (reserve about 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid) or canned beans, drained and rinsed well.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- Scant 1/3 cup bean cooking liquid, unsalted homemade or canned low-sodium chicken broth, or water
- 1/2 cup black olives, such as Kalamata or Gaeta, pitted and chopped, or green olives, such as a picholine or Barese, if using flageolets
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, torn into 1/2- to 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the beans in a pot with some olive oil on lower heat.
- Combine Rosemary, Thyme and olive oil in a skillet on low heat. Then add the bean liquid or chicken broth.
- Add Parsley and Basil to the beans then combine the beans and herb oil. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.